The Deed of Paksenarion by Elizabeth Moon

Here you will find staff thoughts on various books.
SjBooks
Staff

The Deed of Paksenarion by Elizabeth Moon

Postby SjBooks » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:37 pm

So this is one of my favorite books. Set in a era of Kings and Dukes with some mythical creatures and magic, it definitely take you to another world.

The main character Paksenarion or "Paks" runs away from home and a marriage she doesn't want to join a mercenary company.
From the time she joins to the end of the book there is never a dull moment.

For some one like me that gets attached to ficitional characters, it puts you through the emotional ringer. I would, for sure, recommend this book to anyone that likes fantasy. It's a book I revisit often.

BethPeckham

Re: The Deed of Paksenarion by Elizabeth Moon

Postby BethPeckham » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 am

Indeed a very good book. As is The Legacy of Gird which is also by Elizabeth Moon and I believe takes place in the same area as Paks. We've just had these two books out and about again from our bookshelf to be read for a third or fourth time.

SjBooks
Staff

Re: The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon

Postby SjBooks » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:55 am

I can't say I've read The Legacy of Gird. I would imagine that it does take place in the same time frame. I will have to look in to getting that one to read for sure! I've read this one four times now and I know it will be one that I revisit often in the future. It is so well written and entrancing that it really takes me into Paks' world.

ElminaKenly

Re: The Deed of Paksenarion by Elizabeth Moon

Postby ElminaKenly » Tue May 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Much obliged for sharing such all important name in books. I love to read books which makes on fictional character as it mostly based on real stories. Though The Deed Of Paksenarion surely compiles with all the true facts of life as little define by Sj Books. A must read one.
Elmina Kenly is a london base Author and Editor at Law Essay Pros, A Masters in English with a specialization in Experimental writing from Cardiff College.

Return to “Staff Book Discussions”